On Sun, Aug 01, 2004 at 12:57:29AM +0000, Jon Doe wrote:
: Thanks for this. Hmm, so this is something that I was not aware of. (The
: O'Relilly book -- Tomcat *Definitive* Reference -- doesn't even mention
: this!!!!)

Perhaps because that's more of a general servlet concept, not really a
deep Tomcat issue.

: So, I've disabled the / mapping by commenting it out. And my CSS
: pages are working as normal. But trying to access my app with the root URL
: just causes a directory listing.

Check your book (or the servlet spec) for "<welcome-file-list>."
It's akin to the "DirectoryIndex" directive in Apache httpd, which lists
the file(s) checked when a request is made to just a directory path
(e.g. index.html).

-QM

--

software  -- http://www.brandxdev.net