Von: Shapira, Yoav [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Gesendet: Dienstag, 3. August 2004 17:31
An: Tomcat Users List; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Betreff: RE: SUN or APACHE, xml parser -- How do I know which is used ?

Hi,
Tomcat loads the pasrser from the common/endorsed directory per the
Endorsed Classloader Mechanism specified by the JDK.

Your argument is a bit flawed in that different Tomcat 4.1 releases have
different parser versions, and these in turn are different from the
parser versions shipped with various JDKs.

Don't remove the ones from common/endorsed.  Update them if you want,
but don't remove them.  For other possible configurations, read the
release notes and the classloader how-to.  The former specifically
discusses how to use different XML parsers with tomcat.

Yoav Shapira
Millennium Research Informatics

NOT
>always. How can I garantee
>that the parser xerces supplied with Tomcat 4.1.* is always loaded.
>
>       documentBuilderFactory dbf =
DocumentBuilderFactory.newInstance();

>regards
>
>Ben Bookey