From: "Nandish Rudra" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Tomcat Users List (E-mail)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, August 03, 2004 11:54 AM
Subject: Tomcat 4 cluster - drops members

Hello,

I have an application deployed on a tomcat 4.1.30 cluster. I retrieved a jar
from http://cvs.apache.org/~fhanik/ , a tomcat 5 clustering jar that has
been made portable for tomcat 4. We followed the instructions and setup the
server.xml for the cluster. The application is deoplyed using ant auto
deployment task.

<Context path="/test" docBase="C:\server\tomcat41\webapps\testtapp"
debug="0">
<Valve
className="org.apache.catalina.session.ReplicationValve"
                        filter=".*\.gif;.*\.jpg;.*\.jpeg;.*\.js"
                        debug="0"/>
             <Manager
className="org.apache.catalina.session.InMemoryReplicationManager"
                debug="10"
                printToScreen="true"
                saveOnRestart="false"
                maxActiveSessions="-1"
                minIdleSwap="-1"
                maxIdleSwap="-1"
                maxIdleBackup="-1"
                pathname="null"
                printSessionInfo="true"
                checkInterval="10"
                expireSessionsOnShutdown="false"

serviceclass="org.apache.catalina.cluster.mcast.McastService"
                mcastAddr="224.0.0.0"
                mcastPort="7800"
                mcastFrequency="500"
                mcastDropTime="5000"
                tcpListenAddress="auto"
                tcpListenPort="4001"
                tcpSelectorTimeout="100"
                tcpThreadCount="2"
                tcpKeepAliveTime="-1"
                synchronousReplication="true"
                useDirtyFlag="true"
/>

Now when the cluster is started the groups is successfully established.
Suppose we have two servers A and B. When a browser hits the server A, a
session is created on server A and an attempt is made to replicate session
to server B. During the process server B hangs and is knocked off the
cluster. Any ideas why this could be happening.

Nandish Rudra