Hi,
Hmm, a bit strange.  What Tomcat version are you on?  I recall seeing
that once on an alpha but I haven't seen it for a long time.

You should definitely be able to catch it, though.  And you should try
the latest stable version of Tomcat to see if it's been fixed.

Yoav Shapira
Millennium Research Informatics

URL
>(just after a parameter) - the entire page crashes throwing
>java.io.CharConversionException
>

>We tried catching the exception and handling the matter, but from some
>reason it never reaches the catch block and throws the exception up.
>
>Has anyone seen this ?
>

>java.io.CharConversionException: EOF
>
>        at
org.apache.tomcat.util.buf.UDecoder.convert(UDecoder.java:177)

>        at
org.apache.tomcat.util.buf.UDecoder.convert(UDecoder.java:144)

>        at
>org.apache.tomcat.util.http.Parameters.processParameters(Parameters.jav
a:51
>4
>)
>
>        at
>org.apache.tomcat.util.http.Parameters.processParameters(Parameters.jav
a:54
>1
>)
>
>        at
>org.apache.tomcat.util.http.Parameters.handleQueryParameters(Parameters
.jav
>:318)
>
>        at
>org.apache.coyote.tomcat4.CoyoteRequest.parseRequestParameters(CoyoteRe
ques
>.java:1927)
>
>        at
>org.apache.coyote.tomcat4.CoyoteRequest.getParameter(CoyoteRequest.java
:905
>)
>
>        at
>org.apache.coyote.tomcat4.CoyoteRequestFacade.getParameter(CoyoteReques
tFac
>de.java:174)
>

>Thanks,
>
>Yoav.