Greetings!

I've recently decided to take advantage of Tomcat's authentication mechanism, however, it doesn't appear to be working for me. I've configured a Realm in my context (through the admin tool). It is a DataSourceRealm.

When I've tested everything, I keep getting pushed out to the error page that I've configured in my login settings. Since I couldn't figure out what was going on when I screwed up the debugging levels, I grabbed the source and started stepping through it in my debugger. Here's where it gets interesting. When FormAuthenticator.java gets the Realm to authenticate against:

Realm realm = context.getRealm();

The Realm that is returned is Tomcat's global "UserDatabaseRealm" - not my DataSourceRealm. At this point, its no wonder that the authentication isn't succeeding!!

Why isn't Tomcat using the Realm configured in the context?! This is on Tomcat 5.0.27 under jdk 1.4.2.

Any help would be appreciated!!

--
Brice Ruth, Sr. IT Analyst
Fiskars Brands Inc