Hi,

>True and it's mostly not a big issue.  However, is it possible for a
>ServletContext to reference one context path and the Request objects to
>have
>a different one?  Most webapps only operate under a single context path
>(don't they?), so having it at initialization would be nice too.  Oh
>well...
>With the path, I could build URLs for email and other logging info at
>initialization that cannot be done dynamically without knowing the
>host/port/contextpath.

All webapps operate under one context path: that's a one to one
relationship at the core of the Servlet Specification.

Note that one reason the ServletContext object does have a context path
is that the latter is an HTTP-specific concept.  (One has to be very
careful here as these terms are used interchangeably).  The
ServletContext and ServletConfig objects are explicitly
protocol-independent.  Specifically, what the ServletContext JavaDoc
calls "uripath" may or may not correspond to a path on the hard-drive
and in the Request#getContextPath method.

There's more to this but I have to run to a meeting ;)

Yoav Shapira

and notify the sender.  Thank you.