On Tue, Aug 10, 2004 at 04:54:26PM -0400, Nandish Rudra wrote:
: I am writing about this error from yesterday. I used JProfiler to monitor my
: memory usage. And am now sure that each and every static object is trashed
: when the application is undeployed and the profiler shows that memory is
: free and all instance of the objects are GC'd.

Something else to consider: the memory for the JVM process isn't just
the heap.  The process maintains some memory for itself, outside of the
designated heap ranges set with -Xmx and -Xms, for housekeeping and
such.  (This is often news to even experienced J2EE developers.)

That may very well be what you're seeing.

-QM

--

software  -- http://www.brandxdev.net
tech news -- http://www.RoarNetworX.com