From: "Linder Anna-Verena" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Tomcat Users List" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, August 12, 2004 8:59 AM
Subject: Tomcat and Clusters

Hello,

I have an application that is running under Tomcat 5.0.19 on several servers in a
cluster. Now, I would like to share my sessions
among all those servers so if one server fails and the user is directed to another,
they can keep their current session and won't
notice anything.

I have tried to use the PersistentManager as described in the documentation, but I
can't make it update the session data
immediately. Instead, it updates only once every 60 seconds. If during that time the
server dies, the session changes are lost.
(Under Tomcat 4, the PersistentManager seems to update immediately).

Am I going down the wrong way? All the pages in the documentation or the internet seem
to point me to the PersistentManager as a
clustering solution. Is there a different way to handle clusters with Tomcat? Is
somebody doing clusters with Tomcat and would be
willing to share their experiences with me?

(Thanks, Jules, for the tip about wadi.codehaus.org. I'll look into this, too!)

Thanks,
Anna Verena

________________________________

Anna Verena Linder
TNS Infratest
Landsberger Str. 338
D-80687 München
t  +49 (0) 89 5600 - 1376
e  anna-verena.linder <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]> @tns-infratest.com
www.tns-infratest.com <http://www.tns-infratest.com/>
www.tns-global.com <http://www.tns-global.com/>

The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is
addressed and may contain confidential and/or
privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or
taking of any action in reliance upon, this
information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited.

If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from
any computer.