Ernesto Echeverría wrote:

Sorry for the missing data.

File = tomcat5.conf
Tomcat Version = Apache Tomcat/5.0
JVM Version = 1.4.1 OS Name = Linux (Red Hat Enterprise Linux)

Partly, that's the reason for my question. This seems to be data for
scripting.

José Ernesto Echeverría

José,

How was Tomcat installed? I'm not aware of any tomcat5.conf file in the official Tomcat 5 distribution. Where is this file located in your system? It may simply be used to start/stop tomcat (as an init script) - in which case, the only affect it has is indicating in the environment what the "default" language of the box is. And it actually indicates that to the Java runtime, not Tomcat, per-se.

This doesn't in any way that I know of affect what languages Tomcat can serve to requests or anything of that nature. It may affect the localization of error messages that are produced in the Java runtime, not sure about that aspect of it. It may also affect some "default" of localization/internationalization routines - but, again, this is nothing that cannot be (and should be) overridden by the application itself.

--
Brice Ruth, Sr. IT Analyst
Fiskars Brands Inc