If your really want 4.1.27 you want
http://archive.apache.org/dist/jakarta/tomcat-4/tomcat-4.1.27.tar.gz

Why not use 4.1.30 or even 5.0.27?

> However, in searching around, I found this, and I'm wondering
> if this is
> the right thing for me to be using:
>
> http://rpmfind.net/linux/RPM/suse/9.0/i386/suse/i586/jakarta-t
> omcat-4.1.27-63.i586.html

AFAIK RPM is an alternative packaging format. It is the same code just packaged
differently and after install it tends to be organised on disk differently as
well.