> From: Dale, Matt [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: [OT] - JVM Max Heap Size on Linux
>
> Has anyone got around the maximum heap size of 2G on linux?
> We've got a new server with 12G of ram which was going to be
> used for an uber tomcat but this plan may have to be changed
> if we can't get more than 2G of memory used for the JVM.

What kind of hardware?  A single process on a regular x86 machine can only access 4GB
of virtual space, regardless of the amount of real memory you have, unless you use
some of the OS-specific address extension mechanisms (which the JVM doesn't).  If you
have an AMD64 and the appropriate version of Linux, you could try the Sun 64-bit JVM
(see the 5.0 Beta 3 download list).

 - Chuck

THIS COMMUNICATION MAY CONTAIN CONFIDENTIAL AND/OR OTHERWISE PROPRIETARY MATERIAL and
is thus for use only by the intended recipient. If you received this in error, please
contact the sender and delete the e-mail and its attachments from all computers.