On 19.08.2004 15:35, QM wrote:
On Thu, Aug 19, 2004 at 11:28:16AM +0200, Christian Riedel wrote:
: Creating the file via FileOutputStream works fine. But : the problem is, that the created file has the file-permissions rw------- : although the system wide umask and the user-set umask say, that new : files should be rw-r--r--.

I'm grasping here, but maybe there's something SecurityManager?

hmm if so, it would be a Tomcat-Internal-Security Manager as the standalone test application I wrote works fine with doing the chmod. It only is not possible from within tomcat / the struts appliuation

: Can anyone help me please? I need to set the file to be group-readable : because it is used by other users on the system as well.

Barring a Tomcat- or Java-only solution, you could run a cronjob that
periodically sets perms on the files in the upload dir.

That is no option I am afriad, right after saving the file a script is called from the Application which has to read the file. And this script runs under a different user and grouid

Christian
--
To reply to this posting directly use the following address and
remove the 'NO-SPAM' part: [EMAIL PROTECTED]