From: Nikita [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, August 19, 2004 3:25 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: adding <distributable/> garbles sesion id string

Hello,

I have a very simple war app. it consists of only test.jsp, a page that
prints out session id string. The problem is that if i add
"distributable" to web.xml, this string becomes garbled (both in the
browser and in console output):

without <distributable/>:
        "session id: 5129D795478E6529E233E1909EF85CB7.node1"

with <distributable/>:
        "session id: gDMzbOR3bJ8SNSmC3dDMWQ**.node1"

I deployed the same war as in stand-alone tomcat 5.0.27 under both xp
and linux and saw no problems. So seems like this is a jboss issue.
however, jboss 4.0rc1 uses tomcat 5.0.27-dev, and i'm wondering if
upgrading to 5.0.27 would help at all.

Could this be related to the fact that i'm using mod_jk 1.2.6? If so,
should i post this in clustering forum? I'd really appreciate any

insight

my setup:
jboss 4.0 rc1, clustered with mod_jk 1.2.6, tomcat 5.0.27-dev

integrated

os: jds 1 linux (based on suse enterprise desktop 1.0), also tried win

xp

kernel: 2.4.21-189-default
java version "1.4.2_04"
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.4.2_04-b05)

thanks,

-nikita

----------test.jsp----------------
<%@ page contentType="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1" language="java"
import="java.sql.*" errorPage="" %>

"http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd";>

<head>

charset=iso-8859-1">

<title>Untitled Document</title>
</head>
session id: <%=session.getId()%>
<P>
last accessed: <%=new java.util.Date()%>
-------------------end test.jsp----------------------

-----------------web.xml-------------------------------

<!DOCTYPE web-app
  "http://java.sun.com/dtd/web-app_2_3.dtd";>
<web-app>
<display-name>Test Application</display-name>
<description>
        Sample session jsp
</description>
</web-app>