Hello,

We have a test and production tomcat (4.1.24) environment.  When running
the same web application on the test environment everything works fine
while on the production environment the Ajp13Processor in tomcat starts
brackground threads until it hits its maxprocessor limit and starts
rejecting connections under a low but continuous load.  In the test
environment I can hit the webapplication all day and the Ajp13Processor
will only create threads when high load simultaneous connections are
attempted.

We are using apache mod_jk to connect the apache server with tomcat in
both setups.  In both setups the connector is set with
maxProcessors="75" for the Ajp13Connector and the workers.properties
files don't differ.

The only differerence in configuration between test and production is
the the apache configuration.  The production apache is set with
Maxclients 1000 and MaxRequestsPerChild 100 while the test apache is set
with MaxCleints 150 and MaxRequestPerChild 100.

So my question:  Since on the production side apache is set up to handle
so many simultaneous request do we need to make sure tomcat's connecter
accordingly can handle that many simultaneous requests by increasing
maxProcesors=1000 even though this web application is a very small
portion of the requests that apache is serving?  or in other words does
each apache server process get it's own Ajp13Processor thread in tomcat?

Thanks,
Corey