Hi William,

I am certain we are several who is running latest TC on IIS 5 with JK2. If
you could give us our config files chances are we quite fast could help
you. Also try google as there are alternative setup guides.

Meanwhile you can glance at my jk2 and workers2 files - these are pretty
out of the box.

jk2.properties (we use windows integrated security having thus disabled TC
authentication):
## THIS FILE MAY BE OVERRIDEN AT RUNTIME. MAKE SURE TOMCAT IS STOPED
## WHEN YOU EDIT THE FILE.

## COMMENTS WILL BE _LOST_

## DOCUMENTATION OF THE FORMAT IN JkMain javadoc.

# Set the desired handler list
# handler.list=apr,request,channelJni
#
# Override the default port for the socketChannel
# channelSocket.port=8019
# Default:
# channelUnix.file=${jkHome}/work/jk2.socket
# Just to check if the the config  is working
# shm.file=${jkHome}/work/jk2.shm

# In order to enable jni use any channelJni directive
# channelJni.disabled = 0
# And one of the following directives:

# apr.jniModeSo=/opt/apache2/modules/mod_jk2.so

# If set to inprocess the mod_jk2 will Register natives itself
# This will enable the starting of the Tomcat from mod_jk2
# apr.jniModeSo=inprocess

request.tomcatAuthentication=false
request.registerRequests=false

#
# Socket configuration
#
handler.list=request,container,channelSocket
channelSocket.port=8009
channelSocket.address=127.0.0.1
channelSocket.maxport=port+10

workers2.properties (removed my own contexts):
[shm]
file=D:/DAT/logfiles/java/shm.log
size=1048576

[logger.file:0]
file=D:/DAT/logfiles/connections/jk2.log

[workerEnv:]
info=Global server options
timing=1
debug=0
logger=logger.file:0

[channel.socket:localhost:8009]
port=8009
host=127.0.0.1

[ajp13:localhost:8009]
channel=channel.socket:localhost:8009

[uri:/jsp-examples/*]
[uri:/examples/*]

[status:]
[uri:/jkstatus/*]
group=status:

/Thomas

"William L. Thomson Jr." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
24-08-2004 00:56
Besvar venligst til "Tomcat Users List"

        Til:    tomcat-user <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
        cc:
        Vedr.:  Tomcat 5 JK2 IIS 5

Anyone here get Tomcat 5 to work with IIS 5?

I spent more than 7 hours today mainly because of the damn jk2
connector.

After all sorts of misleading docs of different working configs that did
not work for me. I have everything up an running.
However I can't get the syntax right in workers2.properties file.

IIS receives the request logs the redirect via the dll and then that's
it. No error logged in the jk log. Finally I came across a posting that
allowed me to enable logging via one of Windows system logs. Available
in the system manager.

Seems that the host is null and there are context issues.

I can post what ever you want to see, but I am almost 100% positive my
problem lies in the workers2.properties file.

Now Tomcat alone works perfectly. I have run Tomcat on Linux with Apache
for 3+ years now. Never had issues like this.

Absolutely ridiculous.

What really bothers me is I run the latest version of both Tomcat and
JK2. Why my workers2.properties file will work fine on Linux and not on
Windows. There is nothing in it to make it OS specific except for file
paths to the shm and log file. Otherwise the files should be the same.

Yet I have to modify them to get any sort of response. Otherwise it's
like jk is not there.

Either I get an error 500 from IIS or I get the page showing all java
content that is not supposed to be visible.

All documentation on Tomcat's site is wrong. It's all for JK not JK2.
Huge differences.

FYI, I have confirmed my registry settings are correct, the ISAPI dll
shows up with a green arrow.

I am doing all this for a client and do not have access to the files at
this moment. However I can get at them tomorrow and post them if needed.

In a nutshell what exactly needs to go in

jk2.properties

and

workers2.properties

on IIS. Since it's obviously different for IIS?

That or I really screwed up with configure Tomcat. Despite everything
working perfectly at port 8080.

Really at a loss and want to hate IIS but my problem is more with JK2
for IIS than IIS. Client really thinks highly of Tomcat at this point.

--
Sincerely,
William L. Thomson Jr.

<FONT SIZE=1 FACE="Arial">_______________
Vi goer opmaerksom paa, at denne e-mail kan indeholde fortrolig information. Hvis du
ved en fejltagelse modtager e-mailen, beder vi dig venligst informere afsender om
fejlen ved at bruge svar-funktionen. Samtidig beder vi dig slette e-mailen i dit
system uden at videresende eller kopiere den.
Selv om e-mailen og ethvert vedhaeftet bilag efter vores overbevisning er fri for
virus og andre fejl, som kan paavirke computeren eller it-systemet, hvori den modtages
og laeses, aabnes den paa modtagerens eget ansvar. Vi paatager os ikke noget ansvar
for tab og skade, som er opstaaet i forbindelse med at modtage og bruge e-mailen.
Please note that this message may contain confidential information. If you have
received this message by mistake, please inform the sender of the mistake by sending a
reply, then delete the message from your system without making, distributing or
retaining any copies of it.
Although we believe that the message and any attachments are free from viruses and
other errors that might affect the computer or IT system where it is received and
read, the recipient opens the message at his or her own risk. We assume no
responsibility for any loss or damage arising from the receipt or use of this message.
</FONT>