I've gotten a JndiRealm working with Tomcat to authenticate users from our
LDAP directory and allow them access to various parts of our web application
based on groups and roles.  That works slick as snot.  Now I'd like to pluck
a few more tidbits from our LDAP database -- email address, first name, last
name.  Things like that.

Is it possible to transparently access the JndiRealm from a JSP or servlet,
or do I need to make an explicit connection using the InitialContext?   It
seems like Tomcat's already made and is managing a connection to the LDAP
server, so my app running inside of it shouldn't have to.  Can I do that?

Dave