Gerardo,

Thank you for the reply. With some trial and error testing, I found that the %2f, an escaped "/", was causing
the problem. It is fairly easy to test, just append a %2f to ANY url mapped using mod_jk2. I would expect
the %2f to either have no effect or a 500 error message from Tomcat, but what you get is a 404 message
from Apache, mod_jk2 does not correctly catch the mapping. This does not occur with any other %xx
character escaping, or at least not with the dozen or so that I tried.

I posted a more detailed message to the dev list, see:
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=tomcat-dev&m=109400068524057&w=2

Thanks again
John G

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

I'm sure it must me something else but, what permissions does the
directory '4walls' have? And the rest of the path as well? Because your
url seems to stop working from there on. Might be worth a look.

Gerardo

I am running Apache 2.0.50,  mod_Jk2 and Tomcat 4.1.30.
In my workers2.properties  I have the mapping

[uri:/WebClassifieds/*]
group=lb

where this URL works
http://4wallsinde.rapidxsl.com/WebClassifieds/web/cmd/
and this one too
http://4wallsinde.rapidxsl.com/WebClassifieds/fourwalls/V20/assets/ext/logos/NJlogo.gif
but this one DOES NOT work
http://4wallsinde.rapidxsl.com/WebClassifieds/web/cmd/4walls/Apartment/Search/Listing/Guide/For-/DE/LocationPath/%2FDE%2FNorthern+DE%2FBear/encoding/cyacaakef_enc_GetLocation.xsl

Apache reports a 404 error but nothing else
[31/Aug/2004:10:43:25 -0700] "GET
/WebClassifieds/web/cmd/4walls/Apartment/Search/Listing/Guide/For-/DE/LocationPath/%2FDE%2FNorthern+DE%2FBear/encoding/cyacaakef_enc_GetLocation.xsl
HTTP/1.1" 404 442

It almost seems as if mod_jk passed up on the redirect. My problem now
is that I can't get any debug information to be produced
so I am stuck...

I added this block of  confog to my jk.conf file

JkSet2 logger level debug
JkSet2 logger.file:0 file /usr/local/apache2/logs/jk2.log
JkSet2 logger.file:0 level debug

but all that did was create a log with 3 entries saying that logging was
enabled and that was that...

Thansk you in advance.
John G