Hi

> I have defined 7 (virtual) hosts in my <engine> tag (server.xml). And
during startup Tomcat initiated 7 times (I think for each host all the hosts
again) each application, but one time is enough or not??

You have 7 hosts. Each applications belongs to EXACTLY ONE host.
If your appBase is the same, the application is loaded FOR EACH host again.

But you have more problems:
The application is not only initialized multiple times, each application
instance is loaded in it's own classloader.
One implication of this is, that even static data is not shared...

Rule: Use default host to match any Domain, do not use virtual hosts.

Regards,
  Steffen