It seems like Tomcats JSP compiler produces _huge_ HTML pages, retaining all the white space in the original JSP file. When I view source I see a tremendous amount of white space with barely any tags. The file sizes are bloated by about three times. I have GZIP encoding on, but the white space makes it difficult for developers to step over the HTML produced to debug things. Does anyone know if there is a setting in Tomcat to reduce the amount of whitespace in generated HTML files from JSP?

Thanks,
  Brad Neuberg
  Senior Software Engineer, Rojo Networks
  [EMAIL PROTECTED]