Hi,
I want to measure the performance of a Servlet that I wrote. To have a
number to compare with i wrote a servlet which does only a single println in its doget
method.

When i measure the throughput of this servlet with ab using this arguments:
ab -n 20000 -c 10  http://localhost:8080/Messung1/TestServlet
I receive:
..
Completed 14000 requests
apr_poll: The timeout specified has expired (70007)
Total of 15861 requests completed

The jvm is defenitly not out of memory, (top says 50m of -Xmx170m are
used) no garbage collection is performed during the test. After some
minites of waitung the servlet answers again (no tomcat restart neccessary)
What causes this timeout?
(when running with half the amout of requests, the throughput is 500/sec)
Regards, Henrik