Hi,

I use Tomcat 4.0.3 on win2k.
I have the following code:

-----------------
Transformer transformer = TransformerFactory.newInstance().newTemplates(new
StreamSource(xslFileName)).newTransformer();

StreamResult strResult = new StreamResult(new FileOutputStream(outHtmlFileName));
strResult.setSystemId(outHtmlFileName);

transformer.transform(new StreamSource(inXmlFileName), strResult);

When I run this code in a standalone Java process (from command line), I get a result
in 30 seconds, but when I run this code from a servlet within Tomcat, it takes 6 (!!)
minutes to run. The line of code that takes all this time is the last one -
transformer.transform...
I use xalan & xerces 2.6.0

can anyone please help reduce this time?

Thanks,
Michal.