Hi,

>I then get the bind exception when I attempt to access the web
application,
>since tomcat appears to re-load the webapp in another class loader.

There's one I've never heard before ;)  That's something I like about
this list, always something new.  Tomcat wouldn't reload (or stop, or
start, or deploy, or undeploy, or any of those management operations)
any of your webapps unless you explicitly ask it to by using the Manager
webapp.

>Is there any debug flags that I can use in order to try and track down
this
>problem ?

Sure.  There are debug attributes on all the containers in server.xml
(Server, Service, Engine, Host, Connector, etc.) that you can set to 99
to have increased debug logging output (to the console or the
localhost_log, depending on your configuration).  Furthermore, depending
on your tomcat version some parts of tomcat may be using
commons-logging, so you can configure Tomcat to log more by using
commons-logging implementation (e.g. log4j or JDK 1.4 logging) and a
corresponding configuration file.

Yoav

and notify the sender.  Thank you.