Yes. The current directory is not automatically included in the CLASSPATH if you don't explicitly add it.

On 9/16/2004 1:02 AM, John Najarian wrote:
Thanks, the '-cp .' did it.  Something is definitely hosed up.
I haven't installed anything so I'm thinking it may be a virus
although I have scanned my PC with newest definitions.

I'm still going to look at the CLASSPATH env var.  Maybe I should
add '.' to the CLASSPATH variable.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Sent: Thursday, September 16, 2004 12:40 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: RE: A little offbeat question

But the exception says "NoClassDefFoundError: HelloWorld/class". So where does the /class come from?? In any case don't bother with classpath environment, but (with the class in your current directory) simply run 'java -cp . HelloWorld'. Would really surprise me if it didn't work.

John Najarian <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> schrieb am 16.09.2004,
09:32:18:
That's what I did.  When I was first learning Java that 1 bit me.