Hello!

> You probably focused on the rest of your application and didn't notice
> that the exception occurs in the error page itself.

Thank you for responses!

May I ask you - how did you conclude that expection occurs on error page
itself? I think, exception does not occur on error page.

I may be wrong, but I think, that the reason is the following:

To notify client of web service, that non standard situation occured, we
throw SOAPFaultException in web service. Axis library takes care of this
exception and client reseives response with 200 code status.

But when error page is defined for context, Tomcat tries to send error page
to client. Tomcat tries to reset the response, but it is not possible
because Axis library tries to send response too. That is why
IllegalStateException occurs.

Sending error page (that is intended for ordinary servlets or jsp) does not
make sense, because clients expect SOAP messages.

Is it possible to remove certain servlets from error page mechanism? Error
page does not make sense for web services.

Thank you,
Igor