On 2004-09-17 23:27:01 -0700, Mark Eggers wrote:
> Yes, but the actual XSL is just a copy statement:
>
> <stylesheet version="1.0"
>      xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform";>
>     <template match="/">
>         <copy-of select="."/>
>     </template>
> </stylesheet>
>
> This should mean that no actual transformation gets done.
>
> However, also from the FAQ:
>
> Why is it allowed to send XHTML 1.0 documents as text/html?

[snip]

> A third hack might be to use the:
>
>   <!--[if IE]>
>
>   <![endif]-->
>
> hack in your document.  This means that only Internet Exploder will see
> what's there.

The nicest solution is to follow the tips in this article:

    http://www.xml.com/pub/a/2003/03/19/dive-into-xml.html

Basically , if the HTTP_ACCEPT variable contains the string
"application/xhtml+xml" set MIME-Type to that, otherwise set it to
"text/html".

And no, I have no idea how you do that in Java/JSP, I'm too much of a
newbie yet, but eventually I'll have to do something like that myself.

> Sigh - asking Microsoft to play by the rules is just not a possible
> thing.

It is, it just won't help.

Have a nice day
                                 Morten