Please find the Tomcat 5.0.27 connection pool
configuration procedure in the attachment.

http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-5.0-doc/index.html

> > On Tue, 2004-09-21 at 09:23, Shanti Priya wrote:
> > > Hi!!
> > >               I have an application war file
> with me,that has to be
> > > installed on local tomcat5.It's developed using
> jsp/struts and oracle is
> > the
> > > database.I basically use remote database and plz
> help me out in setting
> > the
> > > server configurations and all.
> > >

> > > Thanks & Regards,
> > > Shanti Priya Sunkara
> > >
> > > Location        : Pune, India
> > > Email           : [EMAIL PROTECTED]

> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > > For additional commands, e-mail:
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > For additional commands, e-mail:
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > For additional commands, e-mail:
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> For additional commands, e-mail:
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

http://mail.yahoo.com
Tomcat 5.0.27, j2sdk1.4.2 and Windows XP, Oracle 9i

Step 1.

DBCP uses the Jakarta-Commons Database Connection Pool. It relies on number of
Jakarta-Commons componenets:

Jakarta-Commons DBCP 1.2.1
Jakarta-Commons Collections 2.1.1
Jakarta-Commons Pool 1.2

These jar files along with your the jar file for your JDBC driver should be installed
in
$CATALINA_HOME/common/lib.
NOTE:Third Party drivers should be in jarfiles, not zipfiles. Tomcat only adds
$CATALINA_HOME/common/lib/*.jar to the classpath.

Step 2.
download the most up-to-date version of the classes12.zip rename it to classes12.jar
http://www.oracle.com/technology/tech/java/sqlj_jdbc/htdocs/jdbc_faq.htm
and place it in TOMCAT_HOME\common\lib

Step 3.
check the read and execute access to the classes12.jar file (by right-click on the
file and

look for 'properties')

Step 4. C:\jakarta-tomcat-5.0.27\conf\server.xml configuration
Note: I added the following code in between the <realm .../> element and the <Host>
element.

<DefaultContext>
   <Resource name="jdbc/OracleDB" auth="Container"
             type="javax.sql.DataSource"/>

   <ResourceParams name="jdbc/OracleDB">
      <parameter>
         <name>factory</name>
      </parameter>
      <parameter>
         <name>maxWait</name>
         <value>5000</value>
      </parameter>
      <parameter>
         <name>maxActive</name>
         <value>20</value>
      </parameter>
      <parameter>
         <name>password</name>
         <value>your password</value>
      </parameter>
      <parameter>
         <name>url</name>
         <value>jdbc:oracle:thin:@172.19.47.22:1521:SystemID</value>
      </parameter>
      <parameter>
         <name>driverClassName</name>
      </parameter>
      <parameter>
         <name>maxIdle</name>
         <value>10</value>
      </parameter>
      <parameter>
         <name>username</name>
         <value>your username</value>
      </parameter>
      <parameter>
         <name>removeAbandoned</name>
         <value>true</value>
      </parameter>
      <parameter>
         <name>removeAbandonedTimeout</name>
         <value>60</value>
      </parameter>
      <parameter>
         <name>logAbandoned</name>
         <value>true</value>
      </parameter>
</ResourceParams>
</DefaultContext>

Step 5. web.xml Configuration (the one in MyApp/WEB-INF directory)

add these lines after the <taglib> element
<resource-ref>
 <description>Oracle Datasource</description>
 <res-ref-name>jdbc/OracleDB</res-ref-name>
 <res-auth>Container</res-auth>
</resource-ref>