Suresh Akula wrote:

> CATALINA_HOME and JAVA_HOME and also included all the jars available in
> C:\Tomcat\Common\lib folder in the classpath. But when i go to command
> prompt C:\Tomcat\bin and execute startup.bat a black window comes up and
> disappears but my server never starts.On the command window where i
> executed
> startup there appears 4 lines as follows
> Using CATALINA_BASE: C:\Tomca
> Using CATALINA_HOME: C:\Tomca
> Using CATALINA_TMPDIR: C:\Tomca
> Using JAVA_HOME: C:\Java
> but am not able to start the server

No, it's started, it just ended prematurely. :-)

So it appears that the JAVA_HOME and CATALINA_HOME are probably set
properly; what you need to do is use `.\bin\catalina.bat run` in a
command (cmd.exe) window to start the server so that that window
doesn't disappear on exit along with the error messages that will
*tell you what's wrong*.

HTH,
--
Hassan Schroeder ----------------------------- [EMAIL PROTECTED]