Domains,
> but on Windows 2000 and XP you
> probably want to use Group Policy for propagating these settings.
> 3.    Confirm that the created account is a member of the Users group.
> 4.    Grant the account read and execute (RX) rights to all document and
> script folders
> (htdocs and cgi-bin for example).
> 5.    Grant the account change (RWXD) rights to the Apache logs directory.
> 6.    Grant the account read and execute (RX) rights to the Apache.exe
binary
> executable."
>
> I have tried to duplicate this procedure for Tomcat thinking this will
resolve
> my network access problem
> via a servlet.

You will need to set this up for tomcat since your servlet is accessing your
network.

> I'm using Windows 2000 and XP and are unable to locate the
> 'log on as service' and 'act as part of
> the operating system' menu references mentioned above...

Change your service to log on as your user and it will grant the correct
permissions.

If you need to view these permissions, go to Local Security Policy(Admin
tools), Local Policy, User Rights Assignments.

> I'm using Tomcat 5.0.28 on Windows 2000 and XP at the moment...
>
> Any ideas on resolving this issue would be appreciated...
>
> Regards,
> Mike

Charlie