From: Hassan Schroeder [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, September 21, 2004 3:16 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: Unable to start tomcat server

Earlier you said:

> I actually installed tomcat onto folder named
> C:\softwares\tomcat\jakarta-tomcat-5.0.27 In this folder i have
 > all bin, common and other folders.
> But while i am setting class path it is taking lot of place so i
 > moved all the folders from above folder structure and into
 > C:\Tomcat and i think that should be OK.

.."think that should be OK"? I think that's probably the root of
your problem. Suggestion: delete all the Tomcat stuff you can find
and reinstall from scratch, preferably from a tar file, but at the
least install directly into C:\tomcat. Don't move *anything*. *Do*
remove all the classpath settings you made. You don't need them if
CATALINA_HOME and JAVA_HOME are set correctly.

Then try -- again -- running *catalina.bat run* from a cmd window
and see what happens.

--
Hassan Schroeder ----------------------------- [EMAIL PROTECTED]

                           dream.  code.