On Thu, Sep 23, 2004 at 04:40:04PM -0400, Dale Lum wrote:
: Now, it would seem obvious that an option called "-server" would be
: appropriate if you're running Tomcat, but it surprises me that I've
: seen no mention of this in the Tomcat docs. I just came across this
: today. My questions are, does anybody have any experience running
: Tomcat with and without the -server option? Would you definately
: recommend adding this to CATALINA_OPTS?

Perhaps not in the docs, but certainly in the archives. =)
There have been reports of "-server" leading to instability, so some
(many? most?) people here use "-client."

-QM

--

software  -- http://www.brandxdev.net
tech news -- http://www.RoarNetworX.com