From: Hubble, Christopher [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, October 11, 2004 10:54 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Tomcat 4 as an NT Service

I'm trying to install tomcat 4 as a service.  I can't use the exe as I need
to pass in jvm args for SSL.  I've tried multiple different args to
tomcat.exe.  I've seen several posts mentioning that the jvm's are
different.  I tried the one in java_home\jre\bin\server and the one in
client.  They both install without any errors, but when I go to start the
service, it tells me that it couldn't start and there was no error.  I tried
installing the service with the jvm.dll in program
files\java\j2re1.4.2_03\bin\client, and when I first started it, there was
no error, but it immediately stopped.  I then started it again and it gave
me the following"Error 1607: The process terminated unexpectedly"  Any help
would be appreciated.

Chris