From: Andoni [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: lundi 11 octobre 2004 15:26
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: euro sign tomcat 4 -> 5

If the same web-app worked perfectly in Tomcat 4 and now doesn't that would
suggest the problem is with Tomcat, but if you never made the change to
UTF-8 in Tomcat4 then that would suggest the problem is with your webapp!!

Anyway, to change Tomcat to use UTF-8 you have to tell this to the JVM as it
starts. the best way to do this is by editing catalina.bat (window) and
setting CATALINA_OPTS = -Dfile.encoding=UTF-8

CATALINA_OPTS is then inserted by the script into the call to the JVM.

Hope that helps.
Andoni.

PS: I have never used Tomcat 5 but I would be surprised if this kind of
thing has changed much.

A.