I have been looking for a way withing tomcat using a JDBCRealm to do
form bases authentication and allow users to set some sort of
"Remember Me" cookie, so they do not need to log into my application
more than once a month or so.

It looks like to me that FormAuthenticator is sort of hardcoded into
tomcat without a way to allow for a context to allow for a
CustomFormAuthenticator that would allow for this.

Am I missing something, or is there no easy way to do this?

Thanks!