Hi,

I am using Tomcat 5. In my application, my web.xml declares a <filter>, and a global error page

<error-page>
   <exception-type>java.lang.Exception</exception-type>
   <location>/error.jsp</location>
</error-page>

By examining the call stack in my error page JSP, I notice that when this error page is invoked, my filter is not called. However, if I define <%@ page errorPage="/error.jsp" %> in my JSP file, my <filter> is invoked (and as a part of the call stack).

Is this a Tomcat bug? Or does this behavior conform with the Servlet 2.4 spec?

Thanks,
--
Rick