Do you want an e-mail server or just send an e-mail. To send e-mail
use JavaMail.  As far as Tomcat is concerned, you can bind a mail
session to Tomcat JNDI tree and retrieve it to send mail. I JavaMail
API jar is bundled with Tomcat at common\lib\mail.jar. Look at the
server.xml and JNDI Resources How to in tomcat-docs for an example.

rgds
Antony Paul