Hi,

We have an installation program that installs our application on a tomcat server. I
haven't build this installation program but I it's on my shoulders now to fix it. When
the program runs a context file is generated for each application and is placed under
the folder [TOMCAT_HOME]/conf/Catalina/localhost. After this, the application is
deployed via the manager (http://localhost/manager?deploy...). When the application is
initialized it reads some parameters from the context file with getInitParameter() but
it always returns null and we get a null pointer exception and the deployment
terminates. If we then restart the server all the parameters are read and everything
works ok.

So my question is: It seems that we can't put the context file in the folder and then
deploy the application, is that correct? Is there any other way to fix this without
having the parameters in web.xml or deploy the application with the context file
bundled with the war?

Thanks in advance

/Kax