When my web app pops up a basic authentication box, I type in the
username and password, and then it bounces back with blank text boxes
asking for it again.  Every time when I type them in a second time it
then lets me in!  What's going on?  Here's what I have in my server.xml:

<Realm  className="org.apache.catalina.realm.JDBCRealm" debug="99"
driverName="sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver"
connectionURL="jdbc:odbc:dbname"
userTable="users" userNameCol="userid" userCredCol="password"
userRoleTable="roles" roleNameCol="role" />