Hi,
Tomcat 4.0.5 is not a good choice for a production system, because it's
not a stable release.  4.0.6 was a stable release.

Beyond that, I suggest you check out the status pages on the Tomcat
site, which urge you to update to a more recent and supported branch,
such as Tomcat 5.0.

Yoav Shapira
Millennium Research Informatics

However,
>the production env /host uses Tomcat 4.0.5, and it's where it all
plunges
>into problems.
>
>The exception is in JSP Custom Tags. My Site uses composite view
pattern
>via
>Tiles, and the tomcat engine is failing to render the composite views
>successfully.
>

>Anyone has any idea? How to over come this issue? Host has a limitation
and
>can't upgrade the tomcat. Is there a work around?
>

>Much appreciate your help.
>

>Thanks
>
>Hassan
>

>Stack Trace:
>

>2004-10-05 16:18:45 WarpEngine[Apache]: Mapping request
>2004-10-05 16:18:45 WarpHost[claudius.davanco.com]: Mapping request for
>Host
>2004-10-05 16:18:45 ApplicationDispatcher[/piweb] Servlet.service() for
>servlet default threw exception
>java.lang.IllegalStateException
>        at
>org.apache.jasper.runtime.ServletResponseWrapperInclude.getOutputStream
(Ser
>letResponseWrapperInclude.java:109)
>        at
>org.apache.catalina.servlets.DefaultServlet.serveResource(DefaultServle
t.ja
>a:1146)
>        at
>org.apache.catalina.servlets.DefaultServlet.doGet(DefaultServlet.java:5
19)
>        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:740)
>        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853)
>        at
>org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.invoke(ApplicationDispat
cher
>.
>java:683)
>        at
>org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.doInclude(ApplicationDis
patc
>er.java:574)
>        at
>org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.include(ApplicationDispa
tche
>.java:497)
>        at
>org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspRuntimeLibrary.include(JspRuntimeLibrary.j
ava:
>8
>19)
>        at
>org.apache.jasper.runtime.PageContextImpl.include(PageContextImpl.java:
391)
>        at
>org.apache.struts.tiles.TilesUtilImpl.doInclude(TilesUtilImpl.java:137)
>        at
org.apache.struts.tiles.TilesUtil.doInclude(TilesUtil.java:177)

and notify the sender.  Thank you.