IIRC, HP startup is sort of goofy. Odds are tomcat is being started before the network is being started.

I think placing and entry in /etc/inittab will do the trick.

-Tim

Weifeng Wang wrote:

Hello there,

I posted a question yesterday seeking help on automating Tomcat (4.1.30) startup and shutdown on HP-UX B.11.11 platform. Now, Tomcat can be shut down successfully when the machine shuts down. But, when the machine starts, the Tomcat does not get started. There is no error shown in the /etc/rc.log file. Here is the message in /etc/rc.log file:

Starting up Tomcat
Output from "/sbin/rc3.d/S999tomcat start":
Using CATALINA_BASE:   /opt/jakarta-tomcat-4.1.30
Using CATALINA_HOME:   /opt/jakarta-tomcat-4.1.30
Using CATALINA_TMPDIR: /opt/jakarta-tomcat-4.1.30/temp
Using JAVA_HOME:       /opt/java1.4

I still need help. Can anyone give me any clue on why Tomcat does not start up. Thank you very much in advance.

Eric