There have been a few issues (see the change log at
http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/jakarta-tomcat-4.0/catalina/src/share/org/apac
he/catalina/authenticator/DigestAuthenticator.java for details) but these have
been fixed in both TC4 and TC5. The latest TC4 release (4.1.30) does not contain
these fixes - hopefully there will be a 4.1.31 release soon. However, you should
update to TC5 if you can as it is now the main focus of development effort.

Mark