On Thu, Oct 07, 2004 at 11:40:50AM +0800, Faisal Abdullah wrote:
: I think its probably its how the app manages connection, and probably GC?
: DBCP and Cayote HTTP1/1 isn't configured by the way. Would these help?
: If I configure DBCP, would it effect the code?

DBCP may affect the overall app performance: it keeps a set of open
database connections, instead of initiating a new connection each time
someone calls the database.  The creation/teardown of a network
connection can be expensive.

Right now it seems you're guessing at the cause.  (You're likely
correct, but still guessing.)  Analyze the app with a profiler to
determine exactly what's going on.  A profiler will show you what method
calls are taking the most time, what's in the heap, whether GC is the
cause of the performance problem, etc.

-QM

--

software  -- http://www.brandxdev.net