From: Phillip Qin [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: October 7, 2004 1:17 PM
To: 'Tomcat Users List'
Subject: RE: Using Digested Passwords and DIGEST Authentication at the sam e
time.

I don't think MD5+DIGEST will work. Take a look at any subclass of
RealmBase. Realm has nothing to do with web.xml attribute <login-config>. In
the authenticate method, Realm checks hasMessageDigest() - value of Realm
digest=. If hasMessageDigest, in your case =MD5, Realm digests the password
and compare it with the value stored in database.