From: QM [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, October 18, 2004 10:01 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: JDBCRealm authentication on every page

On Mon, Oct 18, 2004 at 11:41:51AM -0500, Graff, David wrote:
: I think, but this may need elaboration, that Deigo want's to put a "login"
: box on all pages when the user has not authenticated and not show it after
: login.

Ah, gotcha.  Instead of showing a login box, what about a login *link*
that points to a landing page inside a protected area?

You could control the link's presence based on a (very lightweight)
session attr: if it's defined, show a "logout" link; if it's not
defined, show a "login" link.

-QM

--

software  -- http://www.brandxdev.net