On Wed, Oct 20, 2004 at 06:42:40PM +0200, Ben Bookey wrote:
: I have been responsible for the dev of an wepapp. which often runs alongside
: other apps. To avoid the
: bugs that the customers often have, I would like to put ALL the trouble jar
: files (in my case the xml parser api jar files), inside my webapp and these
: will be hopefully used by my app. rather than it using possibly older
: versions that have been placed inside of the common/lib or even the jre\lib
: path.
:
: I would really appreciate any insight.

If at all possible, run separate (unrelated) webapps in separate
containers (JVMs).  Such isolation limits the impact of one rogue app
on the others.

-QM

--

software  -- http://www.brandxdev.net