Hi,
QM's thoughts are valid and worth consideration.  I'd add that IMHO this
approach is a waste of time.  The best upgrade path for the long term is
to keep your webapp as one WAR file in one place, and have versioning on
that file in your source code control system.  But that's just my two
cents.

Tomcat does support multiple Services in one server.xml: it's only
<Server>, the root element, that's one per, well, server ;)

Yoav Shapira http://www.yoavshapira.com

and notify the sender.  Thank you.