If you're convinced that the conditions such as your code, your
requirements, the status of the underlying system, and/or the security
of all the pieces involved (and there are no guarantees that someone
won't find a security hole in one of them this afternoon) are never
going to change then going with what you know is probably the path of
least resistance.  There are lots of mainframes out there with apps
written in the 70s and 80s that are chugging along just fine.

If not, it's easier to make incremental changes with each stable release
than to upgrade across several major releases. At a minimum, I would try
installing the latest stable releases and test your apps on them.  If
your apps are spec compliant, you will probably find that there is very
little to do, if anything, to get them running on the newer releases.

Releases come fast in open source projects so you need to figure out
what kind of an upgrade schedule best suits your business model.  The
acquisition of a new server sounds like a great opportunity to consider
upgrading the whole stack, especially if it means having the opportunity
to run the two in parallel for a while before going live with it.