Hi there,

I've got a problem with mod_jk2 and Apache2 under FreeBSD and I think it is
a bug. I configured mod_jk2 for two Tomcat servers. If one of these machines
is down (unplugging the network cable), mod_jk2 should send all requests to
the server that kept running. That is working 90 percent of the time, but
sometimes forwarding the request takes about 75 seconds. I found out that
this is the default socket timeout of FreeBSD. The problem is that I
configured mod-jk2 the way, that it has its own timeout for connecting (see
attached workers2.properties). But this value is not recognized. If I
decrease the default connect timeout for FreeBSD (by /etc/sysctl.conf),
mod_jk2 will use this value and everything is fine. But I don't want to
decrease that value, it could cause other problems.
So I think it is a bug, that mod_jk2 is not using the timeout values from
its workers2.properties in FreeBSD.
Btw exactly the same setup for Apache2 and mod_jk2 works fine on Linux.

Regards,
Michael