i don't know much about this but you mention the things that are different like dollar
in password .. but have you tried setting the password to how it was when you used to
use it? and putting appBase back as it was. You say you changed nothing but you've
changed several things. Did you also upgrade your driver JAR?

Allistair

QAS Ltd.
Developers of QuickAddress Software
Registered in England: No 2582055