FM wrote:
I read that tomcat is supposed to create the "channelUnix.file=${jkHome}/work/jk2.socket" file. But it did not.

I use the binary of tomcat, do i have to use src to be able to use unixsocket ?

In order to use a UNIX file system socket, you need to build and use jkJNI.so alongside mod_jk2.so.

jk JNI is Jakarta (mod_jk2) Java Native Interface and is neccessary for UNIX sockets, since that concept is non existant in JVM. Then you need to tell Tomcat (actually Coyote JK2 module) where that shlib is, in order to make it possible to use UNIX socket.

This is from my jk2.config

# # Environment # jkHome=Apache-2.0.50-Jk2-2.0.4 jkUSR=/usr/opt/${jkHome} jkVAR=/var/opt/${jkHome}

# Set the desired handler list
handler.list=apr,request,channelUnix

#
# APR
#
apr.NativeSo=${jkUSR}/module/jkjni.so
apr.baseDir=${jkVAR}
apr.aprHome=/usr/opt/Apache-2.0.50-W
apr.soExt=so

#
# UNIX file socket channel
#
channelUnix.file=${jkVAR}/channels/jk2.sock