Derek Clarkson wrote:

Hi all,
Tricky bug. We've been all over our system and cannot figure out
what is going on. The tomcats (we have 2 tomcat 4.1.24's behind an apache
server, just stop reponding after a couple of days. Restart them and
everything is fine. Then some undefinied period later, one or both will just
stop ahain. It can be as little as an hour or as a long as a week. But they
will not stay up reliably.

No errors are produced in the logs and there are no messages indicating
anything is wrong.

Has anyone encountered this ?

You shouldn't by any chance have a call to System.exit(int) somewhere would you?! This will bring Tomcat to a halt, but as far as I know it is possible to configure Tomcat so this can't been done...

Never had the problem myself, just heard of a few people who had...

Claus